Suggestions For Completing the CCCF Scholarship Application
- Remember! Your scholarship application represents YOU.
- Give your application the time, attention, and preparation that you and it deserve.
- Read and follow the instructions carefully. If you have questions, call the CCCF office at 574-722-2200.
- Type or print neatly. Please use ink, not pencil, for any hand-written materials.
- Allow plenty of time to gather the required materials. Give sufficient advance notice when you are requesting letters of recommendation, grade transcripts, etc.
- Proofread your work - especially your essay, if one is requested. Check the spelling. Check the grammar. You may even wish to have a friend or a teacher proofread your completed application.
- Be honest and be yourself.
- If you are asked to talk about yourself, don't be afraid to highlight your strengths. Be truthful without being boastful.
- Make certain the persons you ask to prepare letters of recommendation know you well.
- Watch deadlines - if your application is late, it will be rejected.